World All-Style Karate Organization (WAKO)
The “World All-Style Karate Organization” (WAKO), which included 12 full contact games, under the supervision of the Lebanese Wushu Kung Fu Federation, was held at Fouad Chehab Municipal Stadium in Jounieh in the presence of all sports federations with the participation of teams from the Lebanese Army, State Security, General Security, Internal Security Forces and more than 1000 players from 23 countries.
Major Rawad Mehtar, representing the State Security Major General, Tony Saliba, attended the event as well as a number of personalities from the region.
The events were organized by the trainer, international referee and head of State Security Martial Arts team, Victor Al Haddad, under the supervision of Colonel Fadi Al Kebbi, Sports and Shooting officer at the General Directorate of State Security.
State Security team won nine medals that were distributed as follows:
- Sergeant in Chief Nabil Chamoun: Gold Medal in Sanshou (Sanda) and a Gold Medal in Chinese Wrestling(Shuai jiao).
- Sergeant in Chief Chadi Harb: Bronze Medal in Chinese Wrestling (Shuai jiao) anda Silver Medal in Light Sanda.
- Private Ibrahim Rteil: Silver Medal in Taisho.
- Private Sandra Chaccour: Bronze Medal in Taisho.
- Civil servant Joseph Farah:Gold Medal in Chinese Wrestling (Shuai jiao)and a Silver Medal in Sanda.
- Civil Servant Ghassan Hawa: Bronze Medal in Taisho.
The organizers were praised and were represented by the following names:
- President of the Federation, Dr. George Nseir.
- Mr. Bassam Nohra.
- Mr. Naoum Saade.
- Mr. Joseph Abou Daher.